Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fresh Ideas from new RWU President, Donald Farish

The excerpts below are from Monday October 17, 2011 article in Providence Business News by Denise Perreault:

•"In BRISTOL, Dr. Farish is working with town officials on several projects, including conversion of the former Wally School into an arts center and preservation of an historic building at Colt State Park."

And this on the BUSINESS School:
•"I just met [recently] with the dean of the School of Business, Jerry Dauterive, and said, “I really would like you to take a run at developing a program on entrepreneurship.”

We have someone that I’ve met who may be a prospective donor for such a program, to help get it off the ground. That’s something I helped oversee [at Rowan] that was very successful and it would be here as well.


• I’ve asked the dean also to take a long, hard look at an MBA program because the idea of combining a law school degree with an MBA is a very attractive educational package and I think we could pull that off quite nicely. … It is very likely we could have an MBA program probably two years from now. … We are doing a needs assessment.

No comments: