Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Traces of the Trade film showing at Library Monday, September 28



The Bristol Historical and Preservation Society will be hosting two showings of the film titled "Traces of the Trade: A Story from the Deep North" on Monday September 28th at 3 and 7 pm in the Herreshoff Community Room at the Rogers Free Library in Bristol. This Katrina Browne film traces her De Wolf ancestors to the triangle Slave Trade starting in Bristol - to Ghana and then Cuba and back to Bristol.

The book titled "Inheriting the Trade by Tom DeWolf as well as DVD's will be available for sale.
Light refreshments will be served. Call 253 7223 for more details.

1 comment:

Thomas N. DeWolf said...

I wish I could be there with you for these screenings. Though I've spent a great deal of time in Bristol I always enjoy visiting whenever I get the chance.

There is more information at www.inheritingthetrade.com and www.tracesofthetrade.org. And if anyone has any questions or comments feel free to write to me at tom-at-inheritingthetrade.com.

Best wishes to all the attendees,

Tom DeWolf
author, Inheriting the Trade